A. Regeneration is totally a work of God.
B. The exact nature of Regeneration is a mystery to us.
C. Regeneration comes before saving faith.
D. Genuine Regeneration must bring results in life.
Q29: How are we made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ?
A29: We are made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ, by the effectual application of it to us by his Holy Spirit.
Q30: How doth the Spirit apply to us the redemption purchased by Christ?
A30: The Spirit applieth to us the redemption purchased by Christ, by working faith in us, and thereby uniting us to Christ in our effectual calling.
1. Does a person play any active role in regeneration? Explain.
2. What is the relationship between regeneration and saving faith?
3. Can a person be regenerated and show no evidence in his life? Support your answer from Scripture.
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL APPLICATION
1. Is there evidence of the new birth in your life?
2. If you are not sure whether you have been born again, what would Scripture encourage you to do?
3. Are you aware of spiritual growth in your life, or are you really attempting to grow in all areas of your life? Can there be true spiritual reality where there is no growth?
Born again, born of the spirit, born of water, irresistible grace, regeneration.
Regeneration: What Does it Mean to be Born Again? - Wayne Grudem
Regeneration Precedes Faith - R. C. Sproul
Monergism Links on Regeneration