A. Differences between Justification and Sanctification
B. Three stages of Sanctification
C. God and Man Cooperate in Sanctification
D. Sanctification Affects the Whole Person
E. Motives for Obedience to God in the Christian Life
F. The Beauty and Joy of Sanctification
1. Describe three ways in which sanctification differs from justification.
2. What are the three stages of sanctification?
3. Will sanctification ever be completed in this life? Explain.
4. What is God's role in sanctification?
5. What is man's role in sanctification?
6. Name five motives from Scripture for obedience to God.
Perfectionism, sanctification, sinless perfection.
Q35: What is sanctification?
A35: Sanctification is the work of God's free grace, whereby we are renewed in the whole man after the image of God, and are enabled more and more to die unto sin, and live unto righteousness.
Q36: What are the benefits which in this life do accompany or flow from justification, adoption, and sanctification?
A36: The benefits which in this life do accompany or flow from justification, adoption, and sanctification, are, assurance of God's love, peace of conscience, joy in the Holy Ghost, increase of grace, and perseverance therein to the end.
The Imperfections of Perfectionism - Stephen Nichols